I finished Paul's last vest (or what was SUPPOSED to be Paul's last vest, we just bought him some more fabric.....) Paul has a business trip to an embassy in Spain (I know, it's hard to be him :) ) for the month of October, and he isn't supposed to wear his uniforms while he's there, so he needed enough suits to be able to wear them for work for a month. We decided that as long as he has 5 outfits, he should be fine repeating them as long as he can send things out to be dry cleaned in rotations (I'm sure this is way more information than you need on our thought processes.) Anyway, he had one brown pinstripe suit that worked, but I hated his other 2 suits, since they were threadbare and had been his, since he was 19 - so they were in terrible shape. It hasn't really mattered before now, since Paul wears uniforms for most dressy occasions, but now we were in a bind. We have ordered 2 new custom suits from Korean tailors, (one charcoal, and one navy blue) and he has a couple of sport coats he can wear with slacks, but he asked me to make him a few new vests so that he can change up his suits a bit more with some extra combos, one of which was to be made out of a beige and salmon pink plaid I have had in my stash for years. I didn't have enough to have a full suit made, but there was enough for pants and a vest, so we thought that could work for look 5. (Sorry about the instagram picture, I didn't take anything decent yet.)
I am SOOO tired, but I have been very productive lately,
Still to do on my list before we head to the US in a little over a week, EDITED:
1. finish Sarah's 2nd baby nursery painting DONE!
2. finish gown for the AF ball next Saturday
3. make baby grow and hat for Charley (his name is official now!)
5. Make Sarah's apron I promised her (doesn't need to be done, but I would like to do it.)DONE
6. Possibly make Paul another vest. I am all vested out right now, but we bought extra fabric for one of the suits, and Paul would like a matching vest.....
I'm sure there's more, but that's it for now.